Praying…God what shall I serve, we live in the wilderness…town is 30 minutes away…no time to run to town, come home and prepare.
Hmmm…I could make an authentic tamale pie with salsa….So I looked in the refrigerator, yep have everything I need for salsa….look on the counter….uh oh…tomatoes are yucky.
Hmmm…look in freezer….Strawberries? Really God? OK!
It was a big hit!!! Try it!
This is a light and refreshing salsa to use as you would a tomato salsa...excellent for Type A blood types who should avoid tomatoes...or anyone who doesn't like tomatoes or needs to avoid them. It is quite an amazing taste sensation you and your family and guests will love!
Servings: 4 peopls
- 2 cups Strawberries fresh or frozen
- 5 green onions cut into chunks
- 1/2 handful fresh cilantro
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped, remove seeds unless you like it really hot
- 1/2 Tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 juice of one fresh lime
- Salt to taste
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
- Put garlic, green onion chunks, and cilantro into food processor use S Blade.
- Pulse until all is fine chop
- Add jalapeno...if you don't like it hot just add about a third of a jalapeno, the more you add the hotter it will be
- Add strawberries 1/2 cup at a time, pulse to fine chop
- Add honey, lime juice (start with a little lime juice and add to taste and salt and red pepper flakes, pulse twice to mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with chips, on tacos, on enchiladas or burritos. We served it on top of a vegan tamale pie...that recipe will come soon... Enjoy!
Leave a Reply