Praying…God what shall I serve, we live in the wilderness…town is 30 minutes away…no time to run to town, come home and prepare.
Hmmm…I could make an authentic tamale pie with salsa….So I looked in the refrigerator, yep have everything I need for salsa….look on the counter….uh oh…tomatoes are yucky.
Hmmm…look in freezer….Strawberries? Really God? OK!
It was a big hit!!! Try it!
- 2 cups Strawberries fresh or frozen
- 5 green onions cut into chunks
- 1/2 handful fresh cilantro
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped, remove seeds unless you like it really hot
- 1/2 Tablespoon raw local honey
- 1 juice of one fresh lime
- Salt to taste
- Red Pepper flakes to taste
- Put garlic, green onion chunks, and cilantro into food processor use S Blade.
- Pulse until all is fine chop
- Add jalapeno...if you don't like it hot just add about a third of a jalapeno, the more you add the hotter it will be
- Add strawberries 1/2 cup at a time, pulse to fine chop
- Add honey, lime juice (start with a little lime juice and add to taste and salt and red pepper flakes, pulse twice to mix all ingredients together.
- Serve with chips, on tacos, on enchiladas or burritos. We served it on top of a vegan tamale pie...that recipe will come soon... Enjoy!