Herbed Nut Cheese Lasagna Bites
This yummy and simple Herbed Nut Cheese Lasagna Bites recipe is from my friend Diane Finley in Nashville. Diane is a certified raw chef and is now making raw food for people in Nashville! This recipe is great for stuffing cucumber, celery, making a vegan sandwich. Diane used it as the cheese in her raw lasagna recipe at our 8 Steps to Wonderfully Well class a few years ago. Use it as a vegan filling in the creamy cucumber sandwich; be sure and add sprouts!
To make Raw Lasagna Bites
Pictured: Aunt Celeste’s Kale Salad, Rice Paper Wraps with Thai Dragon Sauce and Raw Lasagna Bites
Make Raw Lasagna Bites
- Slice Zucchini on a Mandolin, salt lightly and allow to “sweat”. Zucchini will become very liquid as it sits out so you need to do this first! Pat zucchini with a paper towel to dry out.
- Put Herbed Nut Cheese in a pastry of frosting bag and put a dollop of Herbed Nut Cheese on top. Top with Cashew Pesto and a Cherry tomato or sun-dried tomato.
- Chill up to 24 hours in advance or serve immediately.
Herbed Nut Cheese
- 2 cups macadamia or cashew nuts soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon each rosemary, parsley, thyme
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- Soak nuts for 2 hours, drain but save the water
- Use Food Processor with S blade or high speed blender.
- Put in FP or blender: soaked nuts and all other ingredients including about 1/2 cup of the nut-soak water.
- Blend until smooth.
- This can be frozen in small individual servings (about 2 Tablespoons) in zip loc brand baggies. pat it out flat, press out the air and freeze flat, then store together in a bag or box in the freezer for up to one month.