Aunt Pauline’s Cucumber & Tomato Salad
From our book Wonderfully Well, How We Lost 132 Pounds and Helped Our Bodies Heal, by Celeste & Phil Davis On Amazon: https://amzn.to/31npDPAJump to Recipe Print Recipe
Aunt Pauline’s Garden always provided most of our summer meals when I went to visit. “Go get some tomatoes and cucumbers from the garden, and grab a pinch of dill too.” And remember to shut the gate so the dogs don’t get in the garden!
This salad is definitely best as a “fresh-out-of-the-garden” salad when cucumbers and tomatoes are in season. Add some raw feta cheese or blue cheese, 4 ounces of grilled chicken and serve over a bed of baby spinach or shredded green cabbage or any fresh greens you love! This picture uses sprouts! Love those summer time veggies!
Enjoy more recipes like Aunt Pauline’s Cucumber Tomato Salad in our book Wonderfully Well, available on Amazon. https://amzn.to/2YoW3Ml
Aunt Pauline’s Cucumber and Tomato Salad
- Sharp knife, bowl, whisk
- 1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/3 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon raw local honey or 100% maple syrup
- 3-4 garden fresh organic tomatoes
- 1 large organic fresh cucumber
- ½ organic red onion or Vidalia or sweet onion
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill or baby dill snipped
- 2-3 handfuls baby spinach or finely shredded green cabbage
- Optional grilled chicken feta or blue cheese
- In a large bowl combine oil, lemon juice, pink Himalayan salt, white pepper and honey or maple syrup, whisk well.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, red onion to the dressing, toss well and refrigerate.
- Serve over baby spinach or finely sliced green cabbage, top with fresh dill and enjoy!